Sunny Days Pre-school (Malmesbury) CIC is a Community Interest Company. This is a not for profit company which is run for the benefit of the local community and its pre-school aged children. The company is registered with Companies House (Company No. 07571415) and is managed by a team of three staff directors. The pre-school management team want every child to fell happy, safe and secure in a well structured environment.
The pre-school staff aim to provide a high standard of care and play activities for your child. The day is carefully planned to cater for the needs of your child, with a suitable choice of structured group activities and provision for individual play.
Parental involvement is welcomed and we value the shared partnership we have with parents. Parents are encouraged to provide information on home learning through our online learning journey system Tapestry and with staff in person.
Sunny Days Pre-school operates in a purpose-built building with a garden in Malmesbury.
The current Manager of Sunny Days Pre-school is Dawn Spall who is responsible for the day to day running and management of the pre-school. She is supported by two other directors who form the management team of the preschool. The preschool management team want every child to feel happy, safe and secure in a well structured environment. The pre-school actively encourages parental involvement at all levels and we welcome your ideas and your help with the organisation of activities or events in order to raise pre-school funds to support resources or events for the children.
Sunny Days Pre-school aims to:
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- Provide high quality care and education for children primarily below statutory school age.
- Add to the life and well-being of its local community; and offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
- As a member of Sunny Days Pre-school your child:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- Is given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children;
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- Is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- Has an allocated personal key person who makes sure your child makes satisfying progress;
- Is in a pre-school which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop; and
- Is in a pre-school in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
Our current staff members and their qualifications can be found on our staff page on the website. Staff regularly undertake training in order to provide the best possible care and support possible to the children.
Parents & Staff Working Together
The pre-school staff aim to provide a high standard of care and play activities for your child. The aim is to assist his or her development physically, emotionally, and socially through the supervised opportunities and activities. The day will be carefully planned to cater for the needs of your child, with a suitable choice of structured group activities and provision for individual play. We welcome parental support and an active interest in their child’s development. Here are few ways in which you could support your child and pre-school.
- Exchanging information about your children’s needs, activities, interests and progress with the staff;
- Help at a Pre-school session.
- Join in community activities in which Pre-school is taking part. Help on trips and outings.
The service offered by Sunny Days Pre-school
The Pre-school is open during term time and provides care and education for young children between the ages of 2 ½ -5 years. We are closed during school holidays and have five training days per year . The pre-school is open Mon 9.15am-1.15, Tues 9.15am-1.15pm, Wed 9.15-12.15 and Thurs 9.15-1.15.